It is the day before Thanksgiving, the day to make pies.
With all that is going on in the world, I hope that everyone can find something for which to be thankful. Tonight I am thankful that my mother’s kitchen remodel got finished so we could come here and I could make pie with her.
It’s the first night of Hannukah, so we lit our menorah.
It’s also the day before Thanksgiving, so we made pies.
There’s a pumpkin and an apple. The kids helped quite a bit with the apple pie this year. It was nice to be in the kitchen with three generations making pie. Now I must sleep so I can help with the rest of the cooking tomorrow!
You’ll never guess what I did all day.
Pie. Turkey, stuffing, and gravy too (those are the parts I helped most with) but we didn’t get any pictures of the meal other than the pie! Whoops.
Things I am thankful for in no particular order:
- I took my hat off of the needles in preparation to rip the whole thing out and put it on to show my mom how small it was… and it fits on my head! That yarn is stretchier than I expected.
- My husband quit smoking a little over a year ago and has been totally smoke free!
- My children didn’t drive me completely insane today, they only tried. Also, they both tasted new things at dinner and enjoyed them.
- My parents hosted us yet again and my mom and I put together a delicious spread (if I must say myself) and my mom saved my pie crust when I thought it was hopeless! It turned out to be delicious.
- On a grander scale: I am grateful for my family and their continued good health and for my own baby steps towards real employment again in the past year.
I hope everyone had an equally delicious Thanksgiving!
I did a few things today that I feel are noteworthy. (And yes, we’re going to ignore that I missed yet another day yesterday. Shh.)
I knit on my double-knit cowl that I have, apparently, be working on for three years.
I’m on round 33 out of 67. At this rate, I will be done by 2014. Go me!
I baked an apple pie (not pictured), a pecan pie, and a pumpkin pie.
I also baked cracked wheat rolls which were delicious but did not photograph well.
On tap for tomorrow: more cooking! (In case it wasn’t obvious.)