I hope you and your family enjoyed our country’s annual tradition of gathering and eating turkey and, more importantly, stuffing and pie.
This year I am grateful for:
- My adorable dog’s continued adorableness.
- My family all being in good health.
- The beautiful California weather.
I am thankful for friends and family near and far! Also, for this turkey.
It was really good.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I didn’t get a picture of our gorgeous turkey but here’s a view of Mt. Diablo from our family walk this morning.
Things I am grateful for:
- My family, both immediate and extended.
- My friends, near and far and their support.
- The above gorgeous view, just a short (though steep) walk from my parents’ front door.
- And pumpkin pie. I made a good one this year.
I hope your Thanksgiving was also full of friends, family, and good food.
It’s the first night of Hannukah, so we lit our menorah.
It’s also the day before Thanksgiving, so we made pies.
There’s a pumpkin and an apple. The kids helped quite a bit with the apple pie this year. It was nice to be in the kitchen with three generations making pie. Now I must sleep so I can help with the rest of the cooking tomorrow!
You’ll never guess what I did all day.
Pie. Turkey, stuffing, and gravy too (those are the parts I helped most with) but we didn’t get any pictures of the meal other than the pie! Whoops.
Things I am thankful for in no particular order:
- I took my hat off of the needles in preparation to rip the whole thing out and put it on to show my mom how small it was… and it fits on my head! That yarn is stretchier than I expected.
- My husband quit smoking a little over a year ago and has been totally smoke free!
- My children didn’t drive me completely insane today, they only tried. Also, they both tasted new things at dinner and enjoyed them.
- My parents hosted us yet again and my mom and I put together a delicious spread (if I must say myself) and my mom saved my pie crust when I thought it was hopeless! It turned out to be delicious.
- On a grander scale: I am grateful for my family and their continued good health and for my own baby steps towards real employment again in the past year.
I hope everyone had an equally delicious Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to those of my readers who celebrate this most delicious holiday!
What I am thankful for (in no particular order):
- Not cutting more of my thumb while chopping onions for stuffing.
- America’s Test Kitchen’s foolproof pie crust recipe.
- Stefan being able (and willing!) to walk 2.5 miles with my mom and me.
- Niels’ love of various games that I also enjoy.
- The fact that Erik hasn’t smoked for two weeks!
- Cooking with my mom.
- That my Dad is the world’s most appreciative audience for said cooking.
- My friends everywhere.
I hope you all had a wonderful day!