This morning as I was walking out of my kids’ school I couldn’t help but notice the beautiful sky. I took a picture so I could share it with you. (Maybe there is something to that concern that people are living their lives with the purpose of putting things on the internet. The article I read was talking specifically about Facebook but I think a blog follows. Am I addicted to the internet? [Probably.] Moving on…)
I got some knitting done today: I finished casting on and picking up for the second sleeve of my Conic.
I also dug through my yarn to find my leftover Calmer from the cowl as well as some other chemo cap options.
I have two balls which I think are almost complete. I was thinking about striping them in a Shedir. Or perhaps I can find another pattern that would work with stripes. I also have two balls of Bamboozled left (the pale lavender and multi-color) that I’d like use for a different hat. The other yarn in this picture is a full ball of pale blue Calmer which will definitely become a Shedir and a second hank of Sock Candy that I might use to make a second hat like the one Niels modeled here last week.
So many plans, so little knitting time. Dang.
I have not a lot to say today except: look!
My first sleeve is almost done! I have a few more rounds, one more decrease and then I knit the cuff. Let’s not talk about how I will have to cast on 140 and pick up 140 more other stitches after that. (And knit rounds that are 280 stitches.) That is a discussion for another day.
I have made some progress with my Conic sweater! First I swatched and washed the swatches. (Are you impressed? You should be.)
I thought it would be pretty important with this yarn because it’s fairly rustic and crunchy I was hoping (really really hoping) that the yarn would relax and soften a bit with a wash and I was right. It’s very drapey now.
I couldn’t get the gauge the yarn in the pattern has so I decided to knit one size smaller and hope for the best. Well, after knitting a few rows I took it to knit night and Veronica reminded me that I was knitting the back panel top-down and I compared mine to hers and realized that mine was much too big. I pulled it off and cast on again for the smallest size (two sizes smaller than the size I’d like it to be). I think it’s working out.
I am glad that we’ll be blocking the back before picking up stitches because I didn’t really pay attention if the swatch grew lengthwise when I washed it. Oops.