finished anouk!

I made it my goal today to finish Anouk so I could put her int he mail to my friend, whose baby is due any day now. In spite of having more ends to weave in than anyone should, I did it!

I think it turned out really well. The only concern I have is that it's a touch on the big side. I don't know if that is part of the design or not. It fits on Stefan! Of course, I can't measure it and check against the pattern because I already mailed it. It'll fit her at some point, right? She's not even born yet.

(Yes, I can see the problem on the right pocket. I was feeling too rushed to knit another one.)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

a parade of wips

Anouk is almost done, which is good because my friend's baby is due like next week. I have all the pieces knit, I just need to sew them together and weave in a few ends. I mostly used the weave in ends as you go idea but with a cotton yarn, it doesn't hold that tightly. I'm considering taking some sewing thread and sewing the very end to the back of the dress since I want my friend to be able to machine wash it without the ends coming out.

7/3/07anouk almost done

I also picked up my Bombshell again. I was hoping to finish it before I go to Chicago, in two weeks. I'm not sure if that's doable or not. I'm just past the part where you divide for the body and sleeves. I took a picture before joining the body in the round last night. The back seems very long but I think part of that is because I had it on the needle instead of on a string and the weight of the needle pulled it back. I will also be adding some short row bust shaping. I just have to do it backwards from the instructions in the book. I think I have it figured out. At least, I sat down with a piece of paper and measuring tape and calculated what I need to do. Wish me luck!

bombshell back7/5/07

I also keep forgetting to post about my footie socks. Sock, really. I finished the first one while we were in Carlsbad. I ripped back the ribbing and stole  borrowed Brenda Dayne's i-cord cast off idea. I think it worked. I need to sew the ends of the i-cord together, but that's about it. I weighed the sock and my fairly imprecise scale says that it weighs 20 g and the remaining yarn weights 25 g, so I should have enough left for the second. Of course, the ball originally weighed 50 g, but I won't wonder where the last 5 g went.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend