So, I am clearly a liar. I didn’t make anything yesterday! Well, I roasted pumpkin seeds.
They were delicious, as usual. I have a roundabout, time-consuming recipe that I really think is worth it. I don’t remember where I got the recipe and I only have approximations and not exact amounts but what I generally do is (after scooping the seeds and separating them from the pumpkin guts):
- Dissolve some salt in some hot water.
- Soak seeds in salt water for several hours.
- Rinse soaked seeds and then spread out on a tea towel and allow to dry completely. Overnight is best.
- Toss soaked seeds with melted coconut oil and whatever seasoning you like (I am a purist and like just salt).
- Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes, until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Try not to eat them all at once.
I made them at the request of my younger son and I made the supreme sacrifice of leaving most of them for him.
Today was fabric collage day in Arts Focus. Sometimes the kids cut one shape and are done but this year we had a lot of intricate designs. I particularly liked these two.
The next three days are going to be very busy ones for me! I hope that I can find the time to post.