I have made some progress with my Conic sweater! First I swatched and washed the swatches. (Are you impressed? You should be.)
I thought it would be pretty important with this yarn because it’s fairly rustic and crunchy I was hoping (really really hoping) that the yarn would relax and soften a bit with a wash and I was right. It’s very drapey now.
I couldn’t get the gauge the yarn in the pattern has so I decided to knit one size smaller and hope for the best. Well, after knitting a few rows I took it to knit night and Veronica reminded me that I was knitting the back panel top-down and I compared mine to hers and realized that mine was much too big. I pulled it off and cast on again for the smallest size (two sizes smaller than the size I’d like it to be). I think it’s working out.
I am glad that we’ll be blocking the back before picking up stitches because I didn’t really pay attention if the swatch grew lengthwise when I washed it. Oops.