bombshell is on time out

I think my Bombshell tee is another dud. Before we went on vacation last week, I had finished the knitting and just the weaving of ends and the sewing of the very short arm seams was needed. I took it with me to BobaKnit today so that I would have someone to talk to while I was doing the dreaded weaving. First, I sewed up the arm seams and that was fine. Then I started to try to figure out how to weave in the ends with the Bamboozle. The yarn is so slippery and stretchy that I didn't think just weaving it would work. I had done the "weave as you go" thing in the garment and when I put it on at one point to show Mary how it looked she noticed that the woven end was pulling on the bust. Also, the cast off edge is too tight. And, I somehow missed the working  yarn for two stitches one row before the seed stitch edging.

What on earth is going on?

I can't decide if the fault here is with the pattern, the yarn, the combination of the two or just me. In my complete and utter insanity, I am tempted to set this one aside and knit one in All Seasons Cotton and see if that yarn would work better. It worked very well for my Rogue, a sweater designed in wool as well.

I'm nuts. NUTS.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend


2 thoughts on “bombshell is on time out

  1. Jaie August 7, 2007 / 7:55 am

    Don't give up! How horrible it would be to have the whole thing knit and then not put it together. Argh! Surely there is some way.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s