There was an overwhelming vote for Rogue as the cabled sweater I should knit. (Okay, one or two people mentioned it.) Someone else also mentioned the cardigan modifications, which sold me on it. I bought the pattern and have it all printed out.
I did the measurements on myself required to calculate where to add some short row bust shaping, which I think will make it fit much better. I'm also going to do the hem modification to make a less bulky hem.
I'm still working on the blanket too. I realized today that the yarn I'm using is 93yds to the ball while the yarn they recommend is 175yds to the ball. Oops. Also, my original plan was for a smaller blanket. I think I'll be leaving off some of the strips and just making it smaller. I am going back to the store to get two more balls each of white and light blue because I only had two of each of those and that is not nearly enough. I'm not going to buy three more of each of the four colors though, because that is one expensive baby blanket!
I've got a few projects I have to finish before i could start Rogue. And I'm really not that fast of a knitter. Maybe on a smaller project we can have a mini knit-a-long. 🙂